Wednesday, February 28, 2007

2006 was a busy year!
Pasir Gudang, Weifang, Bali, Brunei, Borneo, Dieppe and Siem Reap, Cambodia in December. All these travels for the love of kites.
Oh yes! Let us mark May10, 2006 as an important date. The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Standing Committee approved my application for affiliation of the ASEAN Kite Council (AKC) as the 55th and newest Civil Society Organization (CSO) recognized by the ASEAN. The Secretary General himself sent me the approval letter. All these for the love of kites.

2007 will surely be a busier year.
I have to decline the Gujarat International Kite Festival invitation due to more pressing commitments in the Philippines. We have also formally launched the AKC in Pasir Gudang in February with the Sultan of Johor himself launching the AKC kite.

Coinciding with that launching is the 11th Philippine Hot Air Balloon Fiesta in Clarkfield, Pampanga. I have to leave the running of the kite events to my loyal KAP officers. Thanks guys!

Three days after arriving from Johor, I have to fly to Guam with 4 KAP members to attend the 3rd Annual Kitefest of the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Another feather to our cap, I beat the Japs in a kite fighting demo! It was actually a staged kite duel using the Filipino "spiked gurion".
Of course, the mostly Filipino crowd cheered.

Local kite events now block most of our week-end calendar. This will go on till around May. I hope the rains don't come early this year.

No comments: